- 140g unsalted butter
- 40g raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 160g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 110g unsalted butter
- 50g glucose syrup
- 120g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon double cream
- 200g pecans
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Add butter and sugar to bowl and mix for 1 minute, speed 4 then scrape and mix for a further 30 seconds, speed 3.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix for 20 seconds, speed 3 then scrape down bowl.
- Add plain flour, baking powder and salt to bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 2.5. Scrape down bowl and repeat for a further 10 seconds, speed 2.5.
- Scrape mixture into greased and lined 20cm x 20cm square cake tin. Replace bowl and do a couple of turbos to get excess mixture off the blades. Using wet hands, press the mixture into the tin and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside while you make the topping.
- Wash and dry the bowl.
- Add nuts to bowl and do a couple of 1 second turbos. Set aside.
- Add butter, brown sugar and glucose syrup to the bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2.
- Cook for a further 4 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
- Add double cream and mix for 20 seconds, speed 3.
- Add nuts to the caramel and mix for 10 seconds, Reverse, speed 2.
- Pour caramel over base and cook or 20-25 minutes. Set aside to cool then place into fridge to firm up for a few hours before slicing.
1. Place your jar of glucose syrup into a bowl of boiling water for 10 minutes so it's easier to handle.
2. I had no pecans when I made this the first time so I used macadamias, blanched almonds and cashews Substitute the nuts for anything you have at home.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake
- Cinnamon Teacake using Sourdough Starter Discard
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Caramilk Delight
- Avocado and Cacao Mini Loaves
- Piper's Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- Spinach and Feta Quinoa Bites
- Shepherd's Pie
- Lentil bolognese
- Coconut and Cacao Peppermint paleo bars
- Roast Pumpkin, Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
- Dark Chocolate and Prune Torte