- 250 grams soft butter, cubed
- 300 grams dark brown sugar
- 160 grams golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa or Cacao
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 680 grams plain flour
1. Cream together butter and dark brown sugar for 1 minute @ speed 4. (optional: use Butterfly)
2. Add golden syrup and mix for 20 seconds @ speed 4.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, via MC hole while blades are running, 20 seconds @ speed 4. (And then remove Butterfly, if using.)
4. Add remaining ingredients and combine for 20-30 seconds at speed 4-6, using spatula to assist.
5. 'Knead' dough for 2 minutes @ Interval setting, using spatula to assist if necessary.
6. Remove dough onto Thermomat, knead briefly and wrap. Allow to sit 30 minutes while oven preheats to 180C.
7. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and flatten slightly, if desired. Place on lined baking trays and bake 12-15 minutes (depending on size and shape of dough balls) and cool on tray for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
8. Decorate with royal icing using piping bag to create preferred designs.
9. Store in air-tight container for 1 week (if they last!) or freeze for later use (best to freeze without piped icing).
Makes 6-7 dozen Pfeffernusse
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Autumn Pear cake
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg FREE Caramel Slice
- Variation Limes puff
- Banana Cake (Women's Weekly Recipe)
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Apple & Carrot Microwave Cake
- Milky Bar Cheesecake
- LCM Bars
- Tiny Teddies- Honey
- Pinch of Yum Chocolate Chip Cookies