- 200 g raw sugar
- 120 g Butter, cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla, extract
- 2 eggs, large
- 130 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 20 g lemon juice
- 2 tbsp raw suagr
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 12 plums, halved with stones removed
1h 15minPreparation 25minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- preheat oven 180 and grease a 9 inch springfrom pan
- Add sugar and mill 5 sec/sp9
- Add butter and vanilla, combine 20sec/sp6
- scrape sides, insert butterfly and cream 1min30sec/sp 4
- Remove butterfly, scrape sides and add eggs 1 at a time through the lid while blades at sp 4, approx 30 sec/sp 4.
- Scrape sides of bowl, add flour and salt and combine 10 sec/sp 3
- pour batter into prepared baking tin
- Combine cinnamon and sugar
- Once batter is in tin, sprinkle with lemon juice, place plum with skin side up over the cake and sprinkle with cinnamon/suagr mixture
- for 45-50mins, until cake is golden toothpick inserted into batter comes out clean. Plums will become juice.
- Cool in tin for 10 mins before tranfering to cooling rake or serving plate.
Delicious when still warm - But try leaving it overnight so the juices further release into the cake rather then the cake being aroud the fruit!
You may have to make 2!!
You can make your own cinamon sugar at the start of the recipe for the topping, but the granulation of teh raw sugar adds a lovely texture.
Original recipe to be credited to 'Marian Burro's Famous Purple Plum Torte' and came to me via a recommendation from the Smitten Kitchen recipe that can be found at //smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/10/purple-plum-torte/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Melting Moments
- Artichoke Dip
- Rich Vanilla Bean Icecream
- Chocolate Rough Slice
- Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
- Italian Style Meatloaf with rich porcini sauce
- Pear and Apple Chutney
- MULLED WINE AND PEAR SORBET
- Stir fry Rice Noodles with Chicken and Prawns
- Steamed Prawn and Chicken Dumplings
- Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- Chocolate Crackles