- 90 g dried cranberries, (1/2 cup)
- 150 g pumpkin
- 100 g Butter
- 110 g Rice malt syrup, (See notes in regards to sweeteners)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 225 g self-raising flour, (1 1/2 cups)
- 100 g rolled oats, (1 cup)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
Boil jug and soak cranberries in hot water for around 10 minutes. (This makes them nice and plump).
- Cream butter and rice malt syrup for 10 seconds/Speed 4-5, scrap down the sides of the bowl and repeat again if needed. (See tips for alternative sweeteners - I added an extra tablespoon of granulated stevia).
- Add vanilla essence and egg, beat 5 seconds/Speed 3-4.
- Stir in the pumpkin and drained cranberries with a spatula or mix on "Counter-clockwise operation" 5 seconds/Speed 2.
Accessories you need
Along with the rice malt syrup, the recipe relies on the cranberries as a burst of sweetness.
These cookies are low in fructose (sugar) and can be adjusted easily to your personal taste. Simply combine or replace the “1/3 cup of rice malt syrup” with;
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener.
- add in extra cranberries
- 100g rice malt syrup + 1/3 cup dark semi sweet chocolate chips.
- 4 stevia/sugarine tablets, dissolved in 1/2 tsp of boiled water
(The dark chocolate chips were the most popular combination).
*Keep in mind these cookies will become soft & taste sweeter when completely cooled.*
I have not tested the recipe with golden, agave, maple syrup or honey.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peanut butter & Chickpea Blondies
- Lemon Drop Cookies (sugar free | egg yolk cookies)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (sugar free)
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (sugar free)
- Apple & Sultana Cookies (sugar free)
- Carrot and Zucchini Cookies (sugar free)
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Choc Chip Cookie balls
- Peach & Coconut milk rice pudding (Baby Food)