- 390 g coconut cream/milk, for cooking quinoa, you could just use water if you prefer
- 130 g white quinoa, rinsed under running water
- 120 g coconut oil
- 70 g coconut cream/milk
- 75 g raw cacao powder, add more or less depending on your preference
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking/bicarb soda
- 0.5 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 160 g rice malt syrup or sweetener of choice
- 4 large eggs
Cook quinoa and 390g coconut milk. 100 degrees, 15min, sp 1.5. When cooked you should be able to see the little white bits sprouting out of the quinoa
Add coconut oil. Stir on speed 1 for about 10mins with MC off to allow to cool slightly (This will melt the coconut oil and stiring while cooling helps it cool quicker and prevents the quinoa sticking to the bottom of the hot bowl). Fluff it up a bit with your spatula.
Preheat oven to 180 degree and grease your muffin or cake pans (8 inch round or similar size)
Add remaining ingredients with eggs going in last to prevent them cooking if the mix is still quite warm. Mix speed 4, 6 seconds. Scrape down if needed and mix for a few more seconds.
Pour into your cake tin or muffin trays and bake for about 20-35 min depending on size of tin. I checked these muffins at 20 min and then added another 5min. Keep an eye on it as it may burn easily depending on your sweetener!
Accessories you need
These have a very strong dark chocolate/cacao flavour. If that's a bit too strong for you try less cacao and maybe a bit more rice syrup or a half/half rice syrup/maple syrup mix for a sweeter flavour.
Quinoa is a great source of protein. These are so low in fructose I think they're healthy enough for breakie... chocolate cake for breakfast - yum!
Recipe converted to Thermomix from here: //180nutrition.com.au/2014/03/12/180-quinoa-chocolate-cake/?utm_source=180+Monthly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=2f8ec5ccda-180_Newsletter_07_024_2012&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d2b4b20df7-2f8ec5ccda-312887565
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins
- Oaty ginger crunch
- Cinnamon slice
- Jersey Caramel Slice
- Rhubarb Cake
- Beetroot Soup (Paleo)
- Mini Pizza bases with sneaky pumpkin (grain free, dairy free, nut free, paleo)
- The Merrymaker Sisters Savoury Paleo Bread
- Choc banana pancakes (grain free, dairy free, sugar free)
- Coconutty Chocolate Spread (Fructose free, dairy free)
- Sweet Potato & Macadamia Choc Brownies (Gluten free, Dairy free, Fructose Free)
- Lemony Lentil Soup