- 60 grams Butter, cubbed
- 1 heaped tsp Lemon peel, grated
- 280 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams self-raising flour
- 150 grams plain flour
- 1 level tsp cinnamon, Ceylon
- 240 grams sour cream
- 600 grams rhubarb, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 40 grams brown sugar, for topping
- 1 level tsp cinnamon, Ceylon, for topping
- 300 grams rhubarb, for serving
- 50 grams water, for serving
- 150 grams brown sugar, for serving
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Heat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced.
Line a 23cm spring form cake tin with bake paper.
Place a 6 cup size bowl on the lid of the thermomix, tare, measure in 600g of rhubarb, set aside.
Place sugar, eggs, lemon rind in bowl, lid and MC on, mix 10 sec Sp5, it may curdle, scrape down, mix 10 sec Sp5., it should be smooth now.
Add both flours, first measure of cinnamon and sour cream, mix 10 sec Sp5, scrape down, mix 10sec Sp5.
Add 300g of rhubarb and mix with a spatular by hand and tip this top part of the mix into the cake tin, then add the remaining 300g of rhubarb, mix by hand and tip the remaining mix into the tin. Smooth the top of the mix in the tin.
Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon topping over the uncooked cake.
Bake for one and a half hours.
Test with a cake tester to ensure the middle is cooked.
Let stand in the tin for 10 mins then remove to a serving plate.
Serve warm with the poached fruit.
- Stewed fruit to serve is optional.
Place the 300g of rhubarb in the bowl.
Add water, brown sugar.
Cook 10 mins reverse Sp1
Accessories you need
The stewed rhubarb cooked in the thermomix will be more of a puree.
To get the fruit to stay in more whole pieces cook the stewed fruit ingredients in a saucepan until the sugar is disolved and fruit is soft.
Serve a warm slice with the stewed fruit and cream.
Use a microplane to zest the lemon rind.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Banana Loaf Cafe Style
- Chocolate Peanut butter slice
- Bindy's White Chocolate & Raspberry Mud Cake
- Peanut Butter & Choc Energy Muesli Bars
- Plum Crumble Cake
- Golden Syrup Biscuits
- Choco-caramel slice
- Date and Walnut Loaf
- Variation South African Buttermilk Rusks
- Nutrient boosted banana bread