- 100 g almonds
- 2 oranges, (ideally big, juicy ones)
- 160 g Butter
- 200 g raw sugar.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 160 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon, (juice and zest)
- 1 tbsp Butter, melted
- 150 g icing sugar
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Children food Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Autumn Easter Father's Day Halloween Mother's Day Spring Winter Baking BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Easy Low budget Natural Quick Cake Dessert
1. Preheat oven to 150C.
2. Line regular sized cake tin with baking paper.
3. Place almonds in bowl. Mill 15 secs/speed 9.
4. Add oranges, tops and tails removed, cut into halves. Skin and all. Blitz 20 seconds/speed 7. Scrape bowl.
5. Add eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter. Mix 10 secs/speed 5. Scrape bowl.
6. Add flour and baking powder, mix 10 secs/speed 5.
7. Pour into cake tin and bake for 1 hour, or until skewer is inserted and comes out clean.
8. Wait for cake to be mostly cool before icing.
1. Add all ingredients to bowl, mix 15 secs/speed 4. Scrape and repeat if necessary.
2. Drizzle artfully (?) over your cake
For the Icing:
You can probably replace all of the flour with almond meal or other grain free alternatives.
You could replace the sugar with some kind of sugar alternative.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Creamy pasta with seafood balls - Varoma complete meal
- Asian style chicken dumplings - Varoma complete meal
- Polenta topped braised beef cheek pies
- Nigella's Chocolate and Orange Cake
- Ice Coffee and Almond Cake
- Salmon, fennel and feta filo pie
- Jekyll and Hyde - the Champagne Cocktail
- Sneaky Zucchini Loaf
- Hidden Veggie Lunchbox Scrolls
- The Easiest Chocolate Cupcake
- Banana Bread
- Chia Cranberry Muesli Bars