- 110 g raw almonds
- 165 g sugar
- 70 g Desiccated Coconut
- 50 g raw cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 g Butter
- 4 eggs
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Line base of 20cm spring form tin with baking paper and grease sides. Preheat oven to 170C fan forced.
2. Place almonds into TM bowl and grind for 10 seconds on speed 8.
3. Add sugar, coconut, cacao powder and baking powder. Mix on for 5 seconds on speed 5.
4. Transfer almond mixture into a clean bowl and set aside.
5. Place butter into mixing bowl and melt for 2 minutes at 80C on speed 2.
6. Add eggs and mix for 5 seconds on speed 3.
7. Add almond mixture. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down sides then mix for a further 3 seconds on speed 4.
8. Pour batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
9. Cool in pan completely before serving.
Accessories you need
Add walnuts for added protein.
Add 1 tsp mixed spice for a delicious aromatic variation.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.