- 175 grams Butter, chopped
- 55 grams caster sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 250 grams plain flour
- 125 grams lemon juice
- 2 lemons, zested
- 4 eggs
- 275 grams castor sugar
- 80 grams unsalted butter, cubed
- 35 grams plain four
- 165 grams castor sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 level tablespoon lemon juice
1h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 20cm x30cm slice pan and line base and sides with baking paper.
To make the shortbread, Mill all granulated sugar or raw sugar to make caster sugar for 3 secs on speed 9. Set aside. Peel lemon with peeler and grate for 10-20 secs on speed 8, add chopped butter and soften on 50C for 40 secs on speed 4. .Add caster sugar and beat till fuffly on speed 4-5 for approx 1 min. With TM on speed 1-2, add plain flour and beat till mixture comes together, approx 40-50 secs. Press mixture evenly over base of pan and bake for 25 mins till golden. Cool for 10 mins.
Reduce oven to 160C. To make Lemon Curd layer, Process lemon peel on speed 8 for 10-20 secs then add all other ingredients and mix on speed 5-6 for approx 40 secs. Pour over cooled base and bake for 30 mins or till curd is no longer visible on top. Cool completely.
Preheat oven to 220C. Invert slice on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Make meringue by insertng butterfly and whisking egg whites with lemon juice on speed 4 till stiff, then gradually add caster sugar till all sugar is disolved. Spoon stiff meringue into a piping bag with a 1 cm nozzle and pipe in lines over curd layer to cover then pipe small peaks on top.. Bake on top shelf of oven for 1 min or till meringue is light golden. Cool for 5 mins and cut into 20 pieces to serve.
If Curd does not seep to bottom of shortbread base, don't panic. Just pipe meringue without inverting.
This is an adapted recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Bak Kwa(Chinese Pork Jerky)
- Homemade Chinese Fish Balls
- Kuih Seri Muka adapted to the Thermomix
- Ondeh Ondeh adapted to the TM
- Adapted Claypot Chicken Rice
- Clam Chowder
- Adapted Rainbow Cheesecake
- Upside-down sticky orange sponge cake(adapted)
- Espresso Chocolate Cake
- Chorizo, cumin and tomato rice(Cajun dirty rice)