- 500 g Pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 70 g white sugar
- 120 g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp YIAH Pumpkin Pie Spice, (see tips for alternatives)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 360 g thickened cream
- 1 Uncooked Pie Base, (short crust pastry)
Use Butternut Pumpkin (cut in half lengthways). Scoop out seeds, and place cut side down on baking paper covered oven tray.
Bake pumpkin for around 1 1/2 hours at 180 degrees, or until fork or skewer is easily inserted through skin (pumpkin is soft).
Allow to cool, scoop out cooked pumpkin pulp and stir/mash.
1. Preheat oven the 220 degrees.
2. Add 2 eggs and egg yolk to bowl and beat 15 sec/speed 4.
3. Add sugars, salt, spice and lemon zest and combine 15 sec / speed 4.
4. Mix in 500g of cooled pumpkin puree 20 sec / speed 5 or until smooth.
5. Add cream through lid while mixing speed 1-2 and continue to beat together until well combined (20-30 sec).
6. Pour completed mixture into uncooked pie base, and bake at 220 degrees for 15 minutes. If outer edge of pie crust is darkening too quickly, at this point, cover (the outer edge only) with foil). Lower oven temp to 175 degrees, and continue to cook for a further 50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the pie comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours (until pie completely 'deflates' and is cool throughout).
8. Refridgerate to chill, then with whipped cream.
Preparing Pumpkin Puree
Making Pumpkin Pie
As an alternative for the 'Your Inspiration At Home' Pumpkin Pie Spice you can use the following mix:
2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/4 tsp ground cardamon.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Pate au Pistou
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Mini Cheese and bacon rolls- pie maker
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce