- 1 whole orange cut into quarters, i used navel and removed the white stem
- 160 extra virgin olive oil, light tasting or other mild tasting oil
- 3 eggs
- 100g sugar, or more if you prefer it sweeter
- 300g almonds
- 1 level tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 1 pinches salt
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line 20cm round springform cake tin.
1. Place almonds into the mixing bowl and mix 10-15 sec/speed 9-10 or until almond meal is formed.
2. Set aside almond meal no need to wash the bowl.
3. Place quatered orange into mixing bowl and mix 7 sec/speed 8, scrape down and repeat.
4. Add eggs, vanilla, salt and oil into mixing bowl and mix 30-60secs/speed 4 or until pale and volume is achieved.
5. With mixing still running remove measuring cup and decrease speed to speed 3 and add spoonfulls of almond meal through the hole until incorpated, add the bi-carb and baking powder unti thoroughly combined.
6. Pour mixture into cake tin and bake 50-60 minutes. Mine took 1 hour 15 but my oven runs cool
Gluten free whole orange cake
Sugar can be doubled if you prefer a sweeter cake. Sugar can be substituted for other prefered sweetner.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Quince conserve
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins