- 220 g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 80 g sultanas
- 60 g dark rum
- 170 g raw sugar
- 120 g olive oil ( mild, not extra virgin)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 150 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 130 g almonds
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 30 g pine nuts
Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly oil a 23cm springform pan.
Place almonds in TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 7. Set aside.
Place carrots into bowl and grate for 5 seconds on speed 7. Set aside. Rinse bowl.
Place sultanas and rum into bowl and cook for 4 minutes at 90C on Reverse + speed 1. Set aside.
Place lemon peel and sugar into TM and mill for 10 seconds on speed 9. Attach Butterfly and add olive oil. Mix on speed 4 for 40 seconds. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat on speed 4 for another 10 seconds.
Remove butterfly. Add flour, baking powder, almond meal, nutmeg, carrot, sultanas and their liquid, and lemon juice. Blend for 10 seconds on speed 4 on Reverse.
Pour batter into the pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle the pine nuts evenly over the cake.
Bake for 30 minutes or until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove side from pan and cool to room temperature, then transfer to a serving platter and dust with icing sugar.
Venetian carrot cake
Adapted from "Delicious" magazine May 2007. Original recipe by Nigella Lawson.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Crispy date & chia bars
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Peanut butter & Chickpea Blondies