- 4 SR flour, (Cups)
- 150 grams Margarine or butter
- 4 level tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 level teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 Cup currants, sultanas, mixed fruit
- 3/4 cup of milk
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1) Place flour, butter and spice in bowl.
2) Mix 20 sec @ speed 4
3) Scrape down edges of bowl, repeat 2)
4) Mix eggs and milk with a fork
5) Switch to "dough" mode.
6) Add sultanas and sugar
7) After 30 seconds add milk & egg mixture through lid
Keep mixing until dough is fully mixed through (approx 1min). Use scraper to agitate if required
9) Spray oil onto a thick frying pan or cast iron griddle. Heat to a medium heat.
10) Roll dough on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin. Dough should be 5mm to 1cm thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut rounds out and place onto a plate.
11) Place rounds onto pan/griddle and cook until cake evenly rises to about double width. Flip before it burns (it should be golden to dark brown) then cook for another 30-60 seconds.
12) Place on a plate sprinkle with sugar and enjoy warm or store in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Welsh cakes are meant to have a slightly heavier consistency than a scone. This makes them quite filling.
They can be enjoyed with butter or whipped cream instead of sugar, and go especially well with tea or coffee and a table of garrulous friends and family.
They are also awesome for school lunches.
This recipe is dedicated to all the awesome Welsh Nanna's out there ...
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana, Date & Pecan Bread - Sugar Free - Dairy Free
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Dotty's Lemon and Sultana Tea Loaf
- Banana Nut Bread
- Mums Fluffy Cupcakes
- Apricot Slice
- Mrs Scotts' Almond Cake
- Butter cake with a hint of coconut and green tea
- Cornflake crunchies
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis