- 225 grams mixed dried fruit
- 225 grams strong tea, strained
- 225 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 25 grams Butter
- 100 grams Soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
5h 10minPreparation 4h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the mixed dried fruit in a heatproof bowl
Add the hot tea
Cover and leave to stand at room temperature for several hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 180oC
Grease a loaf tin and line it with baking paper
Place the self raising flour, mixed spice and butter into the TM bowl. Blitz on speed 7 for 6 seconds until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Add sugar, fruit (and liquid from the fruit) and egg. Mix on speed 5 for 5 seconds. Check and scrape down sides. Repeat if required.
Transfer mixture to the prepared loaf tin and level out the surface.
Place in preheated oven and cook for approximately 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into it comes out clean.
Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cook completely.
Accessories you need
Welsh Teabread, known in Wales as Bara brith is usually sliced and buttered.
Can be toasted.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Savoury Biscotti
- Spinach Balls
- Apple Coconut Balls
- Cream Cheese and Rhubarb Blondies
- Corn Bread
- Chicken and Pine Nut Savoury Cheesecake
- Roast Pork Belly with steamed vegetables and pumpkin, fennel soup
- Apricot Chicken Meatballs
- Potato Rolls
- Tomato and Ricotta Tarts
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- SAVOURY SHORTBREAD
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Pecan biscuits
- Peachy Whip
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- 5 Minute Pancakes & Pikelets
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake