- 1 whole orange cut into quarters
- 225g Butter
- 3 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 300g Self Raising Flour
- 250 grams water
- 75 grams sugar
- 1 whole orange cut into quarters, Or lemon or 2 limes
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line 20cm springform cake tin.
2. Place orange and butter into mixing bowl and mix 7 sec/speed 8.
3. Add remaining ingredients and combine 20 sec//speed 4.
4. Pour into 20cm round cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes.
5. Whilst the cake is in the oven, put water and sugar into the TM bowl. Cook 6 minutes/100C/speed 3.
6. Put orange (or other citrus fruit) into TM bowl with sugar syrup.
7. Combine on 30 sec/Speed 6.
8. As soon as you remove the cake from the oven, prick small holes in the top of the cake with a fork. This will give the sugar syrup holes so it can soak into the cake. Pour half of the sugar syrup over the hot cake. Pour through a sieve if you do not want the citrus flesh on top of the cake.
9. Serve with cream, double cream or icecream. Heat each piece in the microwave for 15 seconds if not fresh from the oven.
The cake can be made with half the quantity of sugar.
You need to make the whole quantity of syrup, but only use half of it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.