- 30 g low fat margarine
- 240 g Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 55 g brown sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 g skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 60 g strawberries, whole
- 55 g rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon apple sauce (made from the Everyday Cookbook)
- icing sugar, to dust
Preheat oven to 180C and grease 24-hole mini muffin pan.
Chop strawberries and rhubarb. Speed 4 / 7 seconds. Set aside.
Melt margarine in bowl. 50C, speed 4 / 20 seconds. Set aside.
Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon. Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Add vanilla, milk, (set aside) margarine and egg and "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 4 / 10 seconds.
Add (set aside) strawberries and rhubarb and apple sauce and mix "No counter-clockwise operation" speed 4 / 5 seconds.
Pour mixture into muffin pan. Optional: Add small slice of fresh strawberry to top of each muffin. Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins. Allow to cook and turn out onto wire rack. Optional: sprinkle with icing sugar while cooling.
Each muffin is 56 calories. You can freeze them to enjoy later.
Adapted from a Woman's Weekly diet recipe.
Rhubarb and strawberry mini muffins
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Nans cherry cheese strudel
- Souffle - Spinach
- Lemon Cake dairy, nut & wheat free
- Apple Dapple Cake
- Chocolate Fruit and Nut Macaroon Slice
- Amaretti with Cherry on Top
- Picnic eggs
- Turkey Stuffing
- Variation Weekender Biscuits
- Beetroot & Chocolate cake (GF & refined sugar free)
- Lemon Curd