- 250 grams Butter, Softened
- 350 grams caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 220 grams plain flour
- 130 grams Self Raising Flour
- 250 grams sour cream
- 50 grams cocoa
- 340 grams water
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 160 degrees, grease and line a large cake tin.
Cream butter and sugar on Speed 5 until pale and smooth, you may need to scrape the bowl down.
Add all remaining ingredients, mix Speed 6 for 20 seconds, scrape bwl down and repeat for 10 seconds.
Pour into cake tin and bake for an hour or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly in tin before transferring to a rack.
Once cake is completely cooled, ice with lashings of buttercream or drizzle with ganache.
I have been baking this cake for birthday cakes for a long time - the TM just makes it easier. It's dense so perfect for scultping those kids birthday cakes (I freeze it first then let it semi defrost to sculpt).
This is a DOUBLE batch so can make either 1 large cake OR 1 smaller/standard tin cake and 12 cupcakes OR 24-30 cupcakes depending on the size tin/patty. You can just halve this recipe if you want to
Super yummy to cut in half and ice the middle with ganache too!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Double Batch of Yoghurt TM5 Auto Setting
- GF, NF, DF, Egg Free Clone of Caribbean Carrot Cake with Healthy Cream Cheese Icing!
- Merrymaker Sisters Raw Mars Bar Slice
- Varoma Lamb Shanks
- Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
- Creamy Passionfruit Cupcakes
- Five Seed Family Loaf - Huge!
- Double Batch of Yoghurt
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Swirl Layered Mooncake
- Lactation Cookies
- 5 Minute Seedy Bars