- 380 grams Butter, softened
- 120 grams Icing sugar mixture
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 380 grams plain flour
- 120 grams cornflour
- 120 grams Butter, softened
- 250 grams Icing sugar mixture
- 2 lemons, finely zested
- 2 lemons, juice of
2h 15minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Cream the butter and sugar 1 min / SP 4
2. Add vanilla essence 30 secs / SP 4
3. Weigh in flour and cornflour. Mix 20 secs / SP 6. Scrape down sides and repeat.
4. Scrape out of bowl and tip mixture onto a thermomat. Continue to mix by hand until the dough forms a soft ball that isn't sticky (It won't stick to your hands). You may need to add a little extra flour.
5. Take small pieces of dough and roll them into balls about the size of a large grape, or 15 grams. Lay them on a baking tray lined with baking paper, alowing space for them to spread. Lightly press with a fork.
6. Bake for 15 mins at 160 degrees fan forced, or until the biscuits "slide" on the baking tray when pushed. Try not to brown them. allow to cool completely before icing. Whilst cooling, make icing.
1. Insert butterfly into clean bowl.
2. Whip butter until pale, about 1 min / Sp 3.
3. Add Icing sugar mixture and lemon zest. Mix 30 secs / SP 3.
4. While mixing, juice both lemons into the lid using the MC to stop seeds going in.
5. Place icing into a large piping bag, and aset aside somewhere cool until the biscuits are completely cooled. It needs to be a little firm to create a piping pattern.
6. Starting on the outside rim, pipe a snail of icing onto an upturned biscuit. Place another on top to form the lid.Repeat until all are done.
7. Dust heavily with icing sugar
Zesty Lemon Icing
These perfectly complement a cup of tea!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Donna Hays Raspberry sweet bread wreath
- Christmas Salad
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Asian Vegetable Stock Paste
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Thick Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- LCHF Seed Crackers
- Emily's Famous Fudge Brownie GF, double batch.
- Healthy Banana, Pecan Apricot Loaf
- Caramel Kisses, Gluten Free
- French Blueberry Tart