- 3 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 70 g ginger fresh
- 20 g galangal, fresh root
- 40 g turmeric fresh
- 4 leaves Kaffir lime leaf, or more
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 --- chillies, red, Optional
- 300 g carrots
- 200 g Celery
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, or your choice of oil
- 150 g rock salt
- 4 shallots, or one whole onion
- 250 g water, more or less if needed
- [size= large]Put your ingredients in the TM bowl in the order of the recipe, adding everything but the oil, rock salt and water.[/size]
[size= large]With your lid on and your MC in place, turn to speed 7 / 8 seconds. [/size][size= large]Halfway through check inside and scrape down the sides if you need to.[/size][size= large] [/size][size= large]OR you could use your spatula to help keep things moving.[/size][size= large] [/size][size= large]Once your ingredients are chopped up a bit, a[/size][size= large]dd the oil, rock salt and water, cook on Varoma temp for 20 minutes on speed 2.[/size]
[size= large]Ok, next step you know the drill. [/size][size= large]Put your MC in place (upside down so you don’t burn your fingers), slowly turn the dial to 6 / 3 seconds then to speed 9 for 20 seconds.[/size][size= large] [/size]
[size= large]Your new liquid gold will be about a litre, (depending on the size of some of your veg) the same as the old one. [/size]
[size= large]It will also last for 6 months in the fridge, and it’s like 1 tbsp. per stock cube. [/size][size= large]As you know it’s gonna be salty but you will work out how much each dish will need.[/size]
[size= large]In my Asian Dinner Party class, we use this to make an Asian sweet potato soup, whilst the chicken roulade is steaming in the Varoma. YUM[/size]
Accessories you need
Pop your basket on top whilst cooking, to stop splatters.
Check out other TM recipes at becs-table.com.au
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Passionfruit Slice
- Sandwhich Bread
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter
- Strawberry jelly slice
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos
- Chelsea Winter Morrocan Chicken and Apricot Salad
- Hearty Mince and Macaroni Casserole
- Anzac Biccies
- Cheats High Protein Nacho’s
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Superfood Slaw