- 1 Leftover cooked Chicken carcass, (approx 500g bones, skin etc)
- 1 carrot, roguhly chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, skin on and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, skin on, smashed with back of a knife
- 1 tbsp White or apple cider Vinegar
- 20 grams rock salt
- 5 grams cracked pepper, (Optional)
- herbs, any (Rosemary, bay and thyme are good) small handful fresh or 1 TBSP dry (optional)
- cold water
Place bones in TM, smash on speed 6 for 4 – 6 sec (you want them roughly broken up not mashed)
Add all other ingredients, with water last - to fill max level.
Varoma/10min/Speed 1/"Counter-clockwise operation"
90°c/30min/Speed 1/"Counter-clockwise operation"
Place TM strainer into the container you want to store the stock in and strain
Allow cool and refrigerate (you can scrape off the fat off the top before using if desired).
This is the classic chicken bone broth used as a base for soups and gravies etc. It’s not only PACKED with flavour, its also full of with immune system support vitamins and minerals. This recipe will make a somewhat concentrated stock, more like a consume/Jelly.
Accessories you need
The vinegar helps leach the calcium out of the bones and into your broth
Herbs and amounts are optional, I just throw in a bit of whatever I have
You can also use other veggies, if I have broccoli stems or cabbage getting old I thrown them in for example.
Will last in the fridge about a week, or freeze for 9 months
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- All Green Stock Powder
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Recco Classico
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Bacon Thyme Sauce
- Pasta with spicy tomato sauce
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie