- 1 Leftover cooked Chicken carcass, (approx 500g bones, skin etc)
- 1 carrot, roguhly chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, skin on and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, skin on, smashed with back of a knife
- 1 tbsp White or apple cider Vinegar
- 20 grams rock salt
- 5 grams cracked pepper, (Optional)
- herbs, any (Rosemary, bay and thyme are good) small handful fresh or 1 TBSP dry (optional)
- cold water
Place bones in TM, smash on speed 6 for 4 – 6 sec (you want them roughly broken up not mashed)
Add all other ingredients, with water last - to fill max level.
Place TM strainer into the container you want to store the stock in and strain
Allow cool and refrigerate (you can scrape off the fat off the top before using if desired).
This is the classic chicken bone broth used as a base for soups and gravies etc. It’s not only PACKED with flavour, its also full of with immune system support vitamins and minerals. This recipe will make a somewhat concentrated stock, more like a consume/Jelly.
The vinegar helps leach the calcium out of the bones and into your broth
Herbs and amounts are optional, I just throw in a bit of whatever I have
You can also use other veggies, if I have broccoli stems or cabbage getting old I thrown them in for example.
Will last in the fridge about a week, or freeze for 9 months
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tumeric Cubes
- Ginger Cubes
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Pot set yoghurt
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Taco seasoning
- Banana pancakes
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Vegan Veggie Rolls (Moderate RPAH diet)
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Ketchup - Sugar Free