- 2 sheet Puff pastry
- 130 grams cornflour
- 80 grams raw sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 litres Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250 grams icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 5 drops Pink or red food colouring
8h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and prepare two baking trays or oven thermomats
- Place a sheet of pastry onto each of the trays or mats
- Place into oven and bake for approx 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove and let cool
- Place sugar and cornflour into bowl for 4 seconds on Speed 5
(This is a variant to the existing custard recipe in Cookidoo, you can look up custard and increase quanitites from cookidoo recipe if you would like guided cooking)
- Add milk, vanilla and eggs and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4
- Cook for 10 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 3
- Scrape down sides with spatula
- Cook for another 5 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 3 so that the custard can thicken
- Place one piece of puff pastry into a tin cooked side up.
- Pour custard over pastry and top with the second sheet of pastry cooked side up.
- Place into fridge to set (2-4 hours)
- Once slice has set prepare icing
- Place icing sugar into a bowl and add a few drops of food colouring and one tablespoon of water at a time.
You may need to keep adding more water, you want the consistency to be firm but spreadable.
- Pour over the vanilla slice and place back into the fridge to set (3-4 ours or overnight)
- Cut and serve once set
Preparing puff pastry
Accessories you need
You can get creative with the icing and even place passionfruit pulp over the icing
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.