- 305 g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt, (Use 1 tsp for savoury)
- 165 g Milk, (I use almond milk)
- 60 g light olive oil
- 1 level tablespoons sugar, (Omit if using for savoury pie)
Recipe is created for
TM 6For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
- Grease or spray your pie dishes (this makes 2 bases)
Place all ingredients in "Closed lid" and mix 10 seconds gradually to speed 6.
Set to "Dough mode" mode for 1 minute.
Place flour on bench or silicone mat and roll out half of the mixture as thin as you can.
If mixture is too wet just add a bit more flour prior to rolling, kneading in by hand.
Carefully place into your greased pie dish and either blind bake with pie weights (or rice on baking paper) for a few minutes, or fill straight away with fruit filling such as apple (stewed or raw, cut fine) or quandong, or cooked and thickened mulberries... your imagination is the limit but the fruit shouldn't be too wet or your pie will be soggy.
I use a crumble topping to put on the fruit and bake at 180 degrees Celsius until the topping is nice and golden brown.
Pie Crust Pastry
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jahana's Best Almond milk recipe
- Janine's Chicken Salt - Thermie and Friends
- Blanched Almonds
- Vegan pancakes
- Sweet & Spicy Teriyaki Marinade and sauce
- Berry Soothie (Thermodette)
- My version of Baba's Curry Powder
- Variation Shortcut Natural Yoghurt
- Spinach Waffles
- Gluten free pizza base (thin crust)
- Red Velvet cheesecake brownies (Gluten free)
- Chicken parma balls
- Layered Tim Tam Cheesecake
- Chocolate banana pudding
- Banana apple and oat pancakes or pikelets
- Gut friendly chocolate panna cotta
- Mango Cream Tart
- Kelly's Apple Cake
- Jahana's Gluten, Dairy and egg free waffles
- Marilyn's Tomato Relish
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Nutella Cheesecake