- 1 heaped teaspoon cumin seeds
- Small bunch of mint (so you have about 1 tablespoon when chopped)
- Small bunch of coriander (so you have about 1 tablespoon when chopped)
- 2.5 cm piece fresh root ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 75 grams natural yogurt
- 75 grams Milk
- 2 tablespoons tandoori masala (see my other recipes)
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder or paste (see my other recipes)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2-4 teaspoons chilli powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
8Recipe is created for
Place cumin seeds in TM bowl and dry roast for 2 minutes 100 degrees speed 1
Mill for 2 minutes speed 9. Set aside
Place coriander, mint, garlic and fresh ginger in TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down.
Add all the remaining ingredients including the reserved cumin seeds and mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.
This is a great marinade for making chicken tikka. Once you have made the marinade you can just add the chicken and mix for 5 seconds, reverse, speed 3. Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours, preferably 24.
Recipe converted by Nicky Parsons from Sainsburys Curry book by Pat Chapman
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fluffy American Pancakes
- Creamy coconut yoghurt Tm6
- TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Breakfast Müsli in a Jar
- Kim's Mulberry and Chia Seed Jam
- Banana oat pancake
- No more coco pops- Puffed Buckwheat choc cereal
- Easy yogurt
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Almond Seed Snack (Like Munch Crunch)
- fruit Bars or bites
- Creamy Vanilla Yoghurt using EasiYo containers
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Fluffy American Pancakes
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Custard
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Navajo Fry Bread
- Vegetarian Minestone