THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled & quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika, (or hot, sweet depending on your taste)
- 400 g canned cannellini beans, or navy beans or whatever beans you have on hand
- 350 g tomato passata, or a 400g can of tomatoes (whole or diced)
- 20 g Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, toasted (each weighing around 20g)
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
- 1. Add onion and garlic to the bowl and chip 3 secs/ Sp5
2. Use spatula to scrape down the onion and garlic in the bowl.
3. Add paprika.
4. Cook 3 mins/100 degrees/ "Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting"
5. Add passata or tin of tomatoes, worcestshire sauce and cook for 3 mins/100 degrees/ "Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting"
6. Add Cannellini beans and cook for a further 3 mins/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting"
7. Just before the beans are ready, toast your bread and place on the plates ready for you to serve your beans on toast.
Accessories you need
Use the simmering basket to drain your beans under the tap.
This recipe has been converted from the Cowboy Baked Beans recipe on Page 46 of "the fast 800 Recipe Book" by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison with the Foreword by Dr Michael Mosley.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kyra's Anzac Crumble Caramel Slice
- Cranberry & Orange Granola
- Strawberry & Banana Smoothie Puppy Pops
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Kumera (Sweet Potato) and Bacon Soup
- Chickpea, Peanut Butter and Sultana Biscuits
- Grandmama's Salmon Pate
- Thermo-lish Caramelised Onions
- Thermo-lish Chicken & Vegetable Casserole
- Baz’s Super Cottage Cheesy Alfredo
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Feta, Bacon & Spinach Quiche
- Chicken Marinade - Honey Soy Ginger
- Jimbaran BBQ Fish Sauce @levi_nathania
- Vegetable Fritters
- Nans Savoury Mustard Mince
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto