THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled & quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika, (or hot, sweet depending on your taste)
- 400 g canned cannellini beans, or navy beans or whatever beans you have on hand
- 350 g tomato passata, or a 400g can of tomatoes (whole or diced)
- 20 g Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, toasted (each weighing around 20g)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Add onion and garlic to the bowl and chip 3 secs/ Sp5
2. Use spatula to scrape down the onion and garlic in the bowl.
3. Add paprika.
4. Cook 3 mins/100 degrees/ "Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting"
5. Add passata or tin of tomatoes, worcestshire sauce and cook for 3 mins/100 degrees/ "Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting"
6. Add Cannellini beans and cook for a further 3 mins/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting"
7. Just before the beans are ready, toast your bread and place on the plates ready for you to serve your beans on toast.
Accessories you need
Use the simmering basket to drain your beans under the tap.
This recipe has been converted from the Cowboy Baked Beans recipe on Page 46 of "the fast 800 Recipe Book" by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison with the Foreword by Dr Michael Mosley.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Kumera (Sweet Potato) and Bacon Soup
- Chickpea, Peanut Butter and Sultana Biscuits
- Salmon Pate
- Thermo-lish Caramelised Onions
- Thermo-lish Chicken & Vegetable Casserole
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Veggie Fritters
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- All Green Stock Powder
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Bacon Thyme Sauce
- Pasta with spicy tomato sauce
- Burger Sauce - Gluten Free
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Vegan Dahl Makhani