- 30 grams vinegar, mc cup full
- 1 litres water
- 2 litres Milk, Full cream is best
- 220 grams milk powder, instant
- 200 grams cream, optional
- 100 grams sugar, optional
- 30 grams vanilla extract, optional
- 180 grams Yogurt, Pot set greek yogurt
Recipe is created for
- 1) Fill "Closed lid" with water and an mc cup of vinegar or 30g. Swipe screen to left and select Kettle Function. This will make sure your bowl is clean and won't contaminate your yogurt.
2) Rinse and dry bowl
3) Heat milk – 15 min/90C/Speed 3 – make sure it reaches 90C for a few mins, Your milk may take a little longer if very cold (if using UHT MILK skip this step). This will make sure your yogurt will be free of bacteria that may prevent correct fermentation.
4) Remove bowl and wait until it reaches 45C. This may take a while, so be patient. You can see the temperature of the bowl by putting it back onto the base and your Thermomix will tell you the temperature.
4) Put in milk powder
5) If you do not want Greek yogurt, you can add the cream, sugar and vanilla at this point
6) Once you have all your ingredients in the bowl, select 2 mins/45C/Speed 3.
7). Make sure all milk powder is mixed through.
Put in pot set yogurt, you can use from 170g - 200g OR you can use some yogurt from your last batch.
9) Mix through for 2 min/45C/speed 3
10) Select Fermentation Mode, CHANGE TEMP TO 45c and turn dial to start mode. Can be done overnight.
11) When mode is finished, mix through one last time, 2 mins / Speed 3 - 4. Put your yogurt into a clean, sanitized container. Make sure you put aside 170g-200g of yogurt in a separate container for your starter on your next batch. Your yogurt will be runny when warm.
12) Put in refrigerator and will thicken upon cooling.
Accessories you need
As stated above - if you want greek yogurt omit the cream, sugar and vanilla.
If you like a thicker yogurt use more milk powder
This is adapted & inspired from a Thermogroovers recipe
Thank you for chosing my recipe
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Caramilk Truffles
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice