- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- few sprigs basil, sage and rosemary, leaves only
- 1 bay leaf
- 10-15 sprigs parsley, flat-leaf
- 200 grams Celery, roughly cut
- 2 carrots, roughly cut
- 1 tomato, halved
- 1 zucchini, roughly cut
- 150 grams fine salt, Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan
Place garlic into TM bowl and chop for 3 sec on speed 7.
Add onion and herbs and chop for 10 sec on speed 10.
Add rest of ingredients and puree for 1 min 30 sec on speed 10.
Drying using Dehydrator
Spread puree on teflex dehydrator sheets and place in dehydrator on 41 degrees C for 8 hours.
Once partly dried, flip mixture from each tray onto a mesh dehydrator sheet and continue to dry for another 16 hours (approximately).
Drying using Oven
Spread puree on baking paper lined trays and dry in a very low oven till dry. Drying time will vary depending on oven temperature.
Once mixture is dry, break up dried sheets of stock and place back in TM bowl and pulverise for about 30 seconds on speed 10.
Put the TM vegetable stock powder in a jar and use as flavouring for any raw food recipes or in substitution for TM vegetable stock.
I estimate that about 1 tsp of TM vegetable stock powder is equivalent to 1 tbsp of TM vegetable stock concentrate.
Accessories you need
This recipe is easily made in conjunction with a dehydrator for drying the mixture, but can also be made using an oven on a very low temperature. Raw food is food that has been prepared at no more than 41 degrees Celsius, so for raw food purists, using a dehydrator gives best temperature control to achieve truly raw food. If using an oven, drying time will depend on the oven temperature used - higher temperatures will need shorter drying times. Rough time taken in a fan forced oven at 50 degrees C was 4 hrs.
The ingredients for this recipe are similar to the TM vegetable stock concentrate, minus the oil, and using fine salt (sea or Himalayan) rather than rock salt. If using sea salt ensure you use one that is greyish in colour - it will have more minerals in it than pure white sea salt.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Turmeric Latte Porridge
- Instant porridge ( like the sachets... only BETTER)
- Corn Fritters
- bread pizza
- Chunky Apricot Bites
- Playdough - Bulk recipe for childcare, school, kindergarten etc
- TM6 Vanilla Yoghurt Pot Set
- TM5 Automated Yoghurt
- TM6 Vanilla Yoghurt - in bowl
- OMG Lemon Butter
- Old Fashioned Pancakes
- Garlic Soup
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Variation Balti Beef Curry