- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 215 grams raw, hulled millet
- 1 pinch salt
- 500 grams water
- 1 lemon, zested
- 380 grams milk (dairy, soy or nut)
- 280 grams berries, fresh or frozen
- 60 grams Rice malt syrup
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place coconut oil into TM bowl and heat at 98 degrees, speed 1.5, for 2 minutes or until melted.
Add the raw, hulled millet and stir 4 minutes at 98 degrees, , speed 1.5.
Add water and salt, and continue to stir at 98 degrees, speed 1.5 for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to 70 degrees and continue cooking, stirring at speed 1.5 for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Note, no MC during this step.
Meanwhile, place the berries and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boik and simmer 8-10 minutes or until thick.
Add lemon zest and milk, heating at 98 degrees and stirring at speed 1.5 for 7 minutes, or until creamy.
Serve millet in bowls with berry compote and additional milk if desired.
Berry compote may be prepared in advance using the TM. Simply place the berries and rice malt syrup in the TM bowl and stir at speed 1.5, 98 degrees, for 10-12 minutes. Set aside until millet is prepared.
For a quick option in the morning, millet may be cooked in advance, stopping just prior to addition of the milk. Final steps are then completed in the morning just before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Taco seasoning
- Banana pancakes
- Basic Baleada
- Variation Creme Anglaise
- Lebanese Rice With Vermicelli
- Easy Peasy Steak Marinade
- Variation Fresh Ricotta
- Dad's Pancakes
- Oscars Honey Corn cereal
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Spanish Cheesecake
- Home-made Chai
- Spring Green Smoothie
- Dried pear, date and almond loaf
- Almond Berry Muffins
- Pea and Mint Croquettes
- Indian Cauliflower Rice
- Faux Gras (vegetarian Foie Gras) from David Lebovitz
- Berry Green Smoothie
- Blueberry & Banana Breakfast Muffins (adapted from My Darling Lemon Thyme)
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Blueberry jam
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)