- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 215 grams raw, hulled millet
- 1 pinch salt
- 500 grams water
- 1 lemon, zested
- 380 grams milk (dairy, soy or nut)
- 280 grams berries, fresh or frozen
- 60 grams Rice malt syrup
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place coconut oil into TM bowl and heat at 98 degrees, speed 1.5, for 2 minutes or until melted.
Add the raw, hulled millet and stir 4 minutes at 98 degrees, , speed 1.5.
Add water and salt, and continue to stir at 98 degrees, speed 1.5 for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to 70 degrees and continue cooking, stirring at speed 1.5 for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Note, no MC during this step.
Meanwhile, place the berries and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boik and simmer 8-10 minutes or until thick.
Add lemon zest and milk, heating at 98 degrees and stirring at speed 1.5 for 7 minutes, or until creamy.
Serve millet in bowls with berry compote and additional milk if desired.
Berry compote may be prepared in advance using the TM. Simply place the berries and rice malt syrup in the TM bowl and stir at speed 1.5, 98 degrees, for 10-12 minutes. Set aside until millet is prepared.
For a quick option in the morning, millet may be cooked in advance, stopping just prior to addition of the milk. Final steps are then completed in the morning just before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tumeric Cubes
- Ginger Cubes
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Pot set yoghurt
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Taco seasoning
- Banana pancakes
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Spanish Cheesecake
- Home-made Chai
- Spring Green Smoothie
- Dried pear, date and almond loaf
- Almond Berry Muffins
- Pea and Mint Croquettes
- Indian Cauliflower Rice
- Faux Gras (vegetarian Foie Gras) from David Lebovitz
- Berry Green Smoothie
- Blueberry & Banana Breakfast Muffins (adapted from My Darling Lemon Thyme)
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Grant's Green Sauce
- Beetroot Smoothie (GF DF NF AIP)
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Pumpkin Falafels