- 50 g dried apricots
- 25 g Dried Raspberries
- 25 g Dried Mulberries
- 25 g dried cherries
- 25 g Dried Inca Berries
- 25 g Dried currants
- 25 g dried blueberries
- 50 g sultanas, or a total of 250g dried fruit of choice)
- 125 g Boiling water
- 2 tsp dried yeast, or 20g fresh yeast
- 125 g cold water
- 50 g Spelt grain
- 50 g sprouted barley grain, or another 50g spelt grain
- 340 g spelt or kamut flour
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
Place the spelt grain and barley grain into TM bowl and mill 1 minute speed 9. Set aside.
Place dried apricots into TM bowl and press turbo a couple of times to achieve the desired size.
Add remaining dried fruit and boiling water. Stir 5 seconds/reverse/speed 2. Leave for a couple of minutes to plump up the fruit a little.
Add cold water and stir 5 seconds/reverse/speed 2. If the temp is 40C or below add yeast and stir 5 seconds/reverse/speed 2. If temp is above 40C leave to cool for a few minutes.
Add all remaining ingredients including reserved milled grain and mix 5 seconds/reverse/speed 3. [If using Kamut or wheat flour knead for 2minutes on .]
Turn out on thermomat and knead lightly to form a ball. Wrap and place in a warm place for 1 hour. Optional: Perform 3 lift and folds during this time.
Preheat Oven to 180C.
Knock down dough and place into tin or form into desired shape. Leave to prove for another 20-30 minutes.
Bake at 180C for 35-40 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when knocked.
You could use wheat in place of the spelt/barley/kamut if you have trouble sourcing these grains/flours.
Add nuts for a delicious variation.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GF vegan buckwheat bread
- Mini fruit brioche
- Allergy Friendly Banana Bread
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- LCHF Bagels
- Using All About Breads mixes
- Pita Bread; Gluten Free, Yeast Free
- Basic Sour Dough Bread
- Chilli Cornbread
- Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Italian focaccia - Paleo, LCHF, Grain free, Sugar free, Nut free and Gluten free
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup
- Apple & Onion Parcels