- 600 grams Bread mix, Laucke - Barossa Sourdough Rye
- 460 grams water, 460 mL
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
2h 10minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place water in mixing bowl followed by yeast
- Mix for 3 minutes at 37 deg C on speed 1
- Add bread mix to mixing bowl
- Mix for 6 minutes using Dough Mode
- Allow to rise in mixing bowl until double in size - about 30 minutes
- Remove dough onto floured surface, punch down and knead lightly into shape of bread tin
- Place into bread tin 25 cm long x 15 cm wide x 12 cm high (or equivalent volume) and allow to rise until double in size - about 40 minutes
- Bake in pre-heated BBQ oven at 180 deg C for 40 minutes
- After baking, allow to cool before using - about 2 hours
Only 10 minutes of hands-on time. You can be doing something else for the remainder. Clean-up time is extra.
Bread Mix used is available in Australia - Laucke Barossa Sourdough Rye.
BBQ used to avoid heating kitchen in summer - Weber Q with high-domed lid. Any BBQ with high lid will do.
If bread tin base would otherwise be exposed to flame, first place pizza stone or clay tile, then trivet while heating BBQ. Bread tin is placed on top once temperature is reached. With Weber Q, 180 deg was maintained on Low setting. BBQ method produces better texture than Bread Oven.
Otherwise cook in convection oven 40 mins at 180 deg C
Can be frozen
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Navajo Fry Bread
- Hot Chilli Jam
- French bread (overnight)
- Rose Water
- Sugar Free Lemonade
- Creamy Carbonara Risotto with Hidden Veg
- TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry