- 7 grams dried yeast, (1 sachet)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 210 grams water
- 1 egg
- 500 grams plain flour
- 65 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams canola oil
- 1 beaten egg for eggwash
- Sesame or poppy seeds
2h 30minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the yeast, 1 tsp sugar and water to the mixing bowl.
Process 2 min/37°C/speed 1.
Add egg, flour, remaining sugar, salt and canola oil.
Process for 10 sec/speed 6.Scrape down the sides of the bowl then knead 2 min/"Dough mode" .
Remove dough from the mixing bowl and roll into a ball. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover the bowl with cling wrap. Sit the dough in a warm place for at least 1 hour (the longer the better - up to 3 hours is fine) and allow the dough to rise.
Divide the dough into 2 if making 2 medium sized breads or use all the dough for 1 large bread. Divide each portion into 3 pieces and roll each out into long 'sausage' shapes. Pinch the 3 sausages together at 1 end and then plait. Tuck the ends underneath the plaited bread.
Brush with eggwash and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds. Place on a tray and put in a cold oven. Then set the oven to 190°C. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Accessories you need
Try different sizes, the dough also makes nice rolls. If making rolls, bake for less time in the oven.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Aleesha’s Keto Wraps
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Easy Multigrain Bread
- Simple German Soft Pretzels & Pretzel Dogs
- High Fat seed bread
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Lemon and Pecan Syrup Loaf
- Apple Kuchen Slice
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Apple Cinnamon Custard Muffins
- Miso Chicken Ramen
- King Neptune Pie
- Pistachio and Rose Semolina Cake
- Cinnamon Spice Biscuits
- Tuna and Champignon Toasts
- Jamie Oliver's Vegan Dim Sum Buns (steamed mushroom buns)
- Tomato Tart
- Orange and cocoa balls
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Donut ice-cream
- Weetbix Banana Cinnamon Biscuits
- Superfood Seed Bar
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls