- 500 g bakers flour
- 55 g caster sugar
- 1.25 teaspoons dried yeast
- 10 g salt
- 1 egg
- 50 g rice bran or vegetable oil
- 250 g lukewarm water
2h 10minPreparation 2h 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees fan forced
2. Line baking tray with baking paper
3. Add all of the ingredients into the mixing bowl.
Please note: whisk the egg and only use 3/4 of it in the dough. The remaining egg will be used to brush onto the challah later.
4. 2 minutes
5. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover it with a tea towel. Place it in a warm spot and let it rise until it doubles in size (approx. 2 hours)
6. Once doubled in size divide the dough into 4 equal sized portions and follow the braiding instructions below:
a) roll each of the portions into a rope-like strand. Lay the strands side by side and pinch together at the top
b) grasp the left most strand and pass it to the right, under the two strands adjacent to it, and then back toward the left, over one strand (the one closest to it now)
c) grasp the rightmost strand and pass it to the left, under the two strands adjacent to it (which have already been braided), and then back to the right, over one strand
d) alternately repeat steps b and c
e) when done braiding, pinch the ends of the strands together
7. Place on baking tray. Brush with remaining egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds if you desire. Leave to rise for approx. 30 minutes
8. Bake in preheated oven for approx. 25 minutes or until golden brown on the outside
SUITABLE FOR FAILSAFE ELIMINATION DIET
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Black Buger Buns
- Gf cheese and onion mini breads
- brioche rolls masterchef
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Low FODMAP Easy Everyday White Bread
- Wholemeal rolls
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Breakfast bread
- Simply Delicious Sourdough Bread
- Gluten Free Bread- Go to recipe
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Pork Fritters
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Mississippi mudcake
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie