- 90 grams Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 14 grams dried yeast
- 250 grams lukewarm water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup vegemite
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 20 grams Butter, melted
- 3 1/2 Cups Baker's Flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- extra Vegemite, for the crosses
- Put Parmesan cheese into TM bowl then grate 10 seconds/speed 9, set aside. Wash and dry bowl.
- Put yeast and water into TM bowl then mix 1 minute/37°C/speed 1.
- Add eggs, Vegemite, sugar and butter then mix 20 seconds/speed 3. Mix more if necessary.
- Add cheese and flour then mix 6 seconds/speed 6. Then knead for 3 minutes.
- Tip onto Thermo mat and bring dough together into a ball (if mixture is too sticky to work with add a little extra flour). Wrap dough up in Thermo mat and leave in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
Knock back dough then knead lightly by hand. Divide into 12 even portions. Roll each into a smooth bun and place on a baking tray. Preheat oven to 200°C. Cover dough with Thermo mat and set aside in a warm place for 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Beat together egg yolk and water to make an egg wash. Cut a cross in the top of each bun and brush egg wash over the top. Spoon the extra Vegemite into a piping bag with a small plain nozzle and pipe across the buns.
- Bake in a hot oven 200°C for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bases are crisp and sound hollow when tapped. Cool on a wire rack.
We brought Vegemite in a tube to do the crosses which made it nice and easy.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.