- 220 grams brown rice
- 80 grams buckwheat
- 40 grams millet seeds
- 140 grams Tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 40 grams Chia Seeds.
- 40 grams sunflower seeds
- 1 heaped teaspoon xanthum gum or psyllium powder
- 400 grams water or buttermilk
- 15 grams rapadura or coconut sugar or honey
- 2 heaped teaspoon dried yeast
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Eggs (or 3 egg whites)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Seeds of choice
1. Mill brown rice for 1 min sp 9.
2. Add Buckwheat and Millet and mill for another 1 min sp9.
3. Add tapioca/arrowroot flour, chia seeds, sunflowers seeds, xanthum gum/psyllium powder, salt, yeast and Rapadura/coconut sugar. Mix on sp 6, 6 seconds.
4. Add water/buttermilk, oil, apple cider vinegar, eggs. Heat through on 37C, 1 min, sp 2.
5. Mix on sp 6 for 15 seconds.
6. Scrape down sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again on sp 6 for 5 sec.
7. Knead for 2 mins on interval speed"Dough mode"
8. Pour batter into lined bread loaf tin and let rise for about 1 hour in a spot that's not too warm.
9. Wait until loaf 'flops' down in tin and spray with water and sprinkle seeds on top of loaf.
10. Preheat oven to 180C.
11. Let loaf rise again until back to loaf shape and oven is preheated.
12. Cook for 45 mins until golden in colour.
Enjoy : )
Accessories you need
Please ensure you have about two hours to make this loaf as it's vital to let the loaf rise for about an hour before placing it in the oven. This is so the structure of the loaf is maintained rather than the loaf collapsing in the oven (the yeast breaks down the sugars and provides the structure).
You can leave out the kneading step if you wish.
Feel free to substitute your favourite seeds in and also flours of the same texture eg brown rice/white rice/sorghum, millet/buckwheat/quinoa/chickpea. This ingredient combination gives my favourte bread flavour.
Tin sized used is L 30cm, H 10cm, W 8cm.
This recipe is based on the Basic Cookbook/EDC Chia and Pepita Gluten Free Loaf. You can use the guided cooking function on the TM5 and make the slight adjustments as you go : )
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Pizza Base (AIP, paleo, low carb, yeast free, egg free)
- Dr Frank's Paleo Grain Free Bread/Focaccia
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Chocolate Nutty Slice (Sugar Free, GF, Paleo)
- Creamy Yoghurt
- Paleo Pizza Base
- Raw Mango & Cashew Dreamcake
- Crunchy Coriander and Peanut Fritters (GF/DF)
- Spiced Baklava
- Mango Macadamia Ice-Cream (DF)
- Wholefood Berry Cake
- Roasted Beetroot Dip
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Gourmet crackers
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze