- 2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 470 grams water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 550 grams bakers flour
1. Combine the 2 teaspoons of dry yeast and cold water in the bowl and heat at 37 degrees for 2 minutes on speed 1.
2. Sift the 550 grams of bakers flour into the yeast/water mixture and add the 2 teaspoons of salt. Mix on speed 9 for 10 seconds. Then Knead for 3 minutes on speed 1. Make sure you're close to your machine just in case it moves. Once the kneading has completed the dough will be very sticky.
3. Pour the sticky mixture into a well oiled bowl and let it stand for 8-12 hours. The longer the better.
4. Empty onto a well floured Thermomat and using the spatula divide into two oblong shapes. With well floured hands place each dough onto a trays with baking paper.
5. Turn the oven on to 225 degrees (fan forced) and let the dough rest while heating the oven. (If your oven heats fast, let the dough stand for about 1/2 an hour).
6. Place a tray with water in the bottom of the oven and place the bread tray onto the middle rack and cook for 10 minutes (at 225 degrees fan forced).
7. Reduce the heat to 180 degrees (fan forced for 1/2 an hour). The bread should be golden in colour when finished
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.