- 340 grams water, luke warm
- 1/4 teaspoon dry yeast
- 440 grams plain flour
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons salt, Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
24h 35minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
- Place all ingredients into the "Closed lid" in the order listed.
- Set the dial to closed lid position and knead for 30 seconds / interval speed. ( The dough should have the consistency of a thick cake batter )
- Turn out the dough into a large bowl that has been well oiled (both base and sides) with olive oil.
- Cover with glad wrap and leave to prove for 12-24 hours (it will triple in size and be full of large air bubbles.)
- Preheat the oven to 220oC
- Line a baking tray with Baking paper and dust liberally with plain flour.
- Carefully ease the dough out of the bowl and onto the baking tray using either a spatula or dough scraper. Be careful to preserve the pockets of air you have created. This dough is relatively wet.
- Using wet fingers grab the edge closest to you and pull up and stretch over to the other side. Then grab the edge furtherest away and pull toward you repeating this process gently shaping .
- Lightly spray that dough top with water - this helps to make a crispy crust.
- Place a small bowl of water at the base of the oven and then place the dough into the oven on a rack above the water and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and sounds hollow when you tap it.
- when cooked place onto a rack for 10 minutes before attempting to cut.
Accessories you need
this recipe is what i have saved from the old and now closed blog from WHAT CAROLINE COOKED Ciabatta
this is not my recipe at all but i know others have tried to find it so here it is.
If you have an issue with it i welcome all feed back
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts