- 300 grams water
- 600 grams Bakers Flour or Bread Flour
- 2 teaspoon Yeast, or 15 grams fresh yeast
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon bread improver
- 15 grams oil
- seeds, nuts, fruit etc, your choice - whatever you like
Place water, yeast and sugar into mixing bowl and heat 1 min and 30 seconds /37C/speed 2
Add flour, salt, , bread improver and oil .
Knead 6 min/
Add half MC of kibbled soy, and half MC of linseeds during last 2 minutes of kneading for a soy and linseed loaf.
Or add pumpkin seeds or sesame or poppy seeds.
Or add chia seeds
Or add some olives and sundried tomatoes.
Or add your favourite dried fruit
Either leave dough in warm mixing bowl, or place in an oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Place bowl in a warm place and leave until doubled in size. This could take at least an hour depending on weather.
some tips to assist with rising in colder weather -
- warm your thermoserver with hot water - rinse and dry - place dough in thermoserver to rise.
- heat a heatpack and sit bowl on warm heatpack to assist with rising.
Once risen, if dough still in mixing bowl knead 30 sec/or knock back by hand.
Roll and shape to fit in tin. Spray with water and leave to rise until dough reaches top of tin.
Place into a cold oven and set to 200C fan forced.
placing dough into a cold oven gives the dough a little bit more rise as the oven heats up
Cook 30 min, remove from tin and place back into oven for a few minutes for a crunchy crust.
placing a dish of water into the bottom of the oven will also help to give a crisper crust.
This is an easy everyday loaf of white bread..We would make this loaf every second day and have not bought a loaf since owning our thermomix.
You could substitue out some white flour for wholemael flour, or add grains or seeds.
When adding seeds, nuts etc, or substituting flours - your bread may be heavier and more dense - so you may need to give it a little more time to do it's rising.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Tomato Sauce
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Sugar Cookies
- Minced beef Goulash
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Easter Egg Buns
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage