- 3 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 480 grams water
- 500 grams bakers flour
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 250 grams wheat grain
- 50 grams oats
1. Mill wheat 30sec/speed 10. Set aside
2. Add yeast, sugar and water in the bowl 37C/1.5 min/Speed 2.
3. Add 500g of bakers flour, then salt and mix 20sec/Speed 3.
4. Add remaining ingredients including milled wheat and /4 min.
5. Leave in the bowl (closed lid) for 15-20 minutes.
6. Spray a bread tin and press dough in. Preaheat your oven to 250 degrees and let rise for another 20-30 minutes. Wipe your loaf with water and bake on 250C for first 15 minutes, then turn down to 190C for another 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
The adults in our family love the original of this recipe! Unfortunately not all the children did. As a compromise we took out the caraway and other seeds and added in the oats. We also replaced the salt wash with milk. Now the whole family happily eats this bread. No more supermarket bread for us
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.