- 135 g lukewarm water
- 1 tsp dried instant yeast
- 30 g sugar
- 250 g bread flour
- 1/2 tsp bread improver
- 30 g Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coffee granules, (I use Moccona brand)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, or chocolate powder
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 100 g unsalted butter, (room temp)
- 80 g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 90 g plain flour
- 35 g cornflour
- 80 g Salted butter, (Cold) cut into 8 cubes
- 4 tsp brown sugar
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. The filling: Cut the cold salted butter into 8 cubes of 10g butter each. Put in the freezer until needed.
2. Prepare for the topping: Make a mocha paste. In a cup, mix the coffee, cocoa powder, and hot water until well dissolved. Put aside.
- 1. Add 135g warm water, 1 tsp yeast, 30g sugar. "Blend" Mix 2 min |"Warm Up" 37°C | sp 2
2. Add 250g bread flour, ½ tsp bread improver, 30g unsalted butter (room temp), 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp condensed milk, 1/2 tsp salt. "Dough mode" Knead Dough mode | 4 mins
3. Take the dough out, knead by hand for about 1 min to form a ball. Wrap in a Thermomat or place in a Thermoserver.
4. Let it rest for 20 minutes. In the meantime, make the topping.
- 1. Set butterfly whisk into the bowl. (No need to clean the bowl from step 2)
2. Place 100g unsalted butter & 80g icing sugar. "Blend" Mix 2 min | sp 4
3. Add 1 egg and the mocha paste prepared earlier. "Blend" Mix 10sec | sp 3.
4. Scrap down and repeat"Blend" Mix 10sec | sp 3.
5. Remove the butterfly whisk.
6. Add 90g plain flour and 35g cornflour into the mixture. "Blend" Mix 10sec | sp 3.
7. Scrap and repeat "Blend" Mix 10sec | sp 3.
8. Transfer the topping into a piping bag, chill in the fridge for about 15 min.
- 1. Divide the dough into 8 balls (approximately 60g each).
2. Shape each into a small ball and flatten it a bit.[/size].
3. Place the frozen salted butter and ½ tsp brown sugar. Seal properly. Rounding the ball for 1 more time.
4. Place the buns in a baking tray with plenty of space between them. Cover with a cling wrap or damp towel. Let the buns proof until doubled in size (Will take about 1 - 1 ½ hours).
- 1. In the last 10 minutes of the proofing, preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Pipe the topping in a spiral pattern onto the bun.[/size]
3. Bake bun for 15-20 minutes until buns are lightly brown on top. Ready. Enjoy!
Step 1: Preparation
Step 2: Making the dough
Step 3: Making the topping
Step 4: Shape the buns
Step 5: Bake
Accessories you need
Have a Thermomat or Thermoserver ready to rest the dough.
You may change the flavour and the fillings too.
Adapted from Coffee bun Roti boy recipe TM6 version by Ain Wyzman and Wani Rozali,
Original recipe ( bread-maker) by @NadiahKitchen.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.