- 450 g self-raising flour
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 80 g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 20 g golden syrup
- 100 g Milk
- 90 g water
- 70 g golden syrup
- 200 g unsalted butter, softened
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place flour, salt, butter and golden syrup into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6.
Add remaining ingredients and knead 20-25 sec//.
Transfer onto a lightly floured ThermoMat or surface and shape into a 18cm round. Dust with a little extra flour and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until damper is cooked through and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving warm.
Place golden syrup into mixing bowl and warm 30 sec/37°C/speed 1.
Add butter and mix 30 sec/speed 3. Set aside and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serve damper warm with golden syrup butter on the side.
Golden Syrup Butter
Serve damper with your favourite jams and spreads or with cheese.Damper is traditionally wrapped in foil and cooked on the coals of an open fire. An outdoor pizza oven will also cook a great damper.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)