- 25 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 180 g Boiling water
- 110 g Milk
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1.5 tsp bread improver, optional
- 15 g sugar
- 450 g Baker's Flour
- 1.25 tsp salt
- 80 g Tasty cheese, Grated
- 3 tablespoons polenta (cornmeal), for dusting
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the butter, boiling water, milk, yeast and sugar and combine 10secs/sp 2.
Add the remainder, in the order listed, except for the grated cheese and polenta
Knead 5 minutes.
Add the grated cheese and knead again 1-2mins, until blended.
Transfer to a greased bowl (covered) or mat and prove until doubled.
Punch down and shape into 8 balls. Flatten slightly.
Sprinkle the polenta onto a plate and press each disc into the polenta, both sides.
Set aside to prove again until puffy, 20 minutes or so.
Meanwhile heat a frypan to medium heat and set the oven to 180°C.
Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper.
Dry fry the muffins, app. 3-4mins each side before transferring to the prepared baking sheet. They should look nice and brown.
Once all the muffins are on the sheet, bake for app. 8 mins, before cooling on a wire rack.
Usae 2 forks to prise the cooled muffins apart, before toasting until golden.
These freeze well and can be toasted from frozen once they are split open.
Oh my goodness...say goodbye to store bought muffins..!! :o
You'll never buy them again! These are sooo much better
Omit the cheese for plain English muffins.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cinnamon scrolls
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Soft and Fluffy Bread Rolls
- Nana’s Beer Bread
- Honey and Pumpkin Bread
- Five Seed Bread
- The Thermomixing Mum's Wholemeal Bread
- Sourdough Bread
- Light and high wholemeal bread, loaf or rolls
- CUSTARD AND ALMOND PLAIT
- GLUTEN FREE CRUMPETS
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Banana oat bread
- Flourless chocolate orange hazelnut cake
- Easy cheesy
- Dark fruit cake
- Chocolate avocado cake
- Sausage rolls
- My favourite Hot Cross Buns
- Drop scones (Scottish pancakes)
- Fluffy scones
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- Easy scones
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Banana and walnut muffins
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto