- 450 gram Plain/standard grade flour
- 1 level teaspoons salt
- 2.5 level teaspoons dried instant yeast
- 150 gram Milk
- 90 gram water
- 1 egg
- 25 gram Butter, Melted
1h 30minPreparation 1h 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add milk, water and yeast to mixing bowl and warm 3 mins 37 degrees speed 1
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix 6 secs speed 6
- Knead 2 mins
- Tip dough out onto a floured surface or Thermomat and form into a ball. Wrap in mat or caover and eave to rise until doubled in size.
- Roll out to a 1 cm thickness. Cut 10 – 12 muffins using an 8 cm cookie cutter
- Transfer to a floured baking sheet or oven Thermomat. (Note the flour is important.) Dust the tops with more flour then cover and leave until doubled in size again.
- Meanwhile heat oven to 210 degrees C (Fan).
- Cook for 5 mins then remove from the oven, turn over and cook for another 5 mins.
- Cool on a wire rack.
These are so delicious, light and fluffy. You will never buy them from the supermarket again.
Accessories you need
English muffins are traditionally eaten toasted whole on both sides, then pulled apart with the fingers, spread thickly with salted butter and put back together again.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Best Ever Scones
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Ginger crunch
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds