- 280 grams water
- 2 tablespoons rapadura or brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons dried yeast
- 2 tablespoon oil - olive, grapeseed, or sunflower
- 450 gram bakers flour
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bread improver
- 1.5 tablespoon milk powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons mixed spice
- 100 gram dried fruit (sultanas, raisins etc)
1h 44minPreparation 1h 8minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. fill thermoserver with hot water from the tap
2. place water, yeast, sugar into mixing bowl and heat 37C 1 minute 30 secs speed 2
3. Add (in order) oil, flour, salt, bread improver, spice, milk powder and knead 6 minutes on dough setting
4. during last minute add dried fruit slowly through lid while kneading continues.
5. empty water from thermoserver, quickly dry and lightly oil inside. Put dough into thermoserver and close lid. Leave dough to rise 1 hour (or dependig on your time 45 mins - 1.5hrs). Dough will be sticky/wet dough
6. Lightly punch back dough and then form into loaf shape. Place into a loaf pan lined with baking paper. Place into a cold oven and turn oven on to 180C for 36-38 minutes
7. Take out of oven, remove from tin and place on wire rack to cool
try different combinations of fruit and spice
add 40gm desiccated coconut instead of mixed spice and add dried cranberries
try sultana and diced prunes or apricots
If you find the bread too dense increase your yeast to 2-2.5 teaspoons. I find that in colder weather I have to increase the yeast and let it rise in the thermoserver in a slightly warm oven to get fluffier toast again.
if you dont have a thermoserver then place into a oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap and place in a warm area for at least 1 hour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Cashew Fudge G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free