- 600 grams Baker's Flour, Needs to be a bread/strong flour
- 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoons dried instant yeast
- 1/2 tablespoons sugar, any choice of sweetener can be used or it can be left out altogether
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg, ground
- 250 grams fruit medley, any choice of favourite dried fruits can be used
- 50 grams sultanas
- 500 grams warm water
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, cold pressed, choose any preferred oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoons sugar
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add all dry ingredients except dried fruit to TM Bowl. MC in.
Mix 5secs/Sp 5
2. Add liquid ingredients, (add about 3/4 of the water) put MC in and mix 5 secs/Sp 6. (Check to see that you have a moist, but stiff dough and use your judgement if more water is needed) Scrape down sides and mix again if needed.
3. MC off, Knead 5mins/ Whilst dough is kneading, add dried fruit gradually to TM bowl.
4. Turn out dough onto floured work surface, gently bring dough together and either wrap in baking mat or place in an oiled bowl, cover with cling wrap and set aside to rise and double in size for about 30 mins.
5. Once dough has risen, place on a floured work surface and gently bring together in a roll.
6. Divide dough into 4 and roll each into a ball.
7. Oil your bread tin and place each ball snuggly into the tin.
8. If using, brush tops with egg glaze.
9. Set tin aside for another 30mins to rise until doubled in size (if you haven't glazed the tops, cover the dough)
10. Once doubled in size, place tin into pre-heated oven (check tips below for your oven type) for 30-35 mins or until skewer comes out clean when tested.
Beat egg with water and sugar and use a pastry brush to glaze dough.
Be careful as the sugar will darken the fruit bread, so you may need to cover the loaf with some baking paper whilst cooking if it is starting to get too dark.
I used a mixture of dried; apricots, apples, pears, dates, figs, glazed ginger, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. I like the look of chunks of fruit so I kept them not too small. For example, I chopped the dates into about 4 and kept the rest of the fruit about the same size. Really, any type of dried fruit can be used, it is up to you.
Electric: 220C Fan-Forced: 200C Gas: 215C
900g Bread Tin - oiled
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.