- 530 g water, plus extra for kneading step
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 250 g gluten free flour, Self Raising
- 125 g gluten free flour, Plain
- 90 g chickpea (besan) flour
- 25-30 g potato starch
- 25-30 g arrowroot flour, or tapioca flour
- 5-10 g xanthan gum
- 40 g puffed brown rice, in place of the 50g rolled oats
- 30 g sesame seeds
- 30 g linseed, or flaxseed
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g pepitas
- 30 g poppy seed
- 30 g honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 30 g olive oil, or preferred neutral oil
1h 50minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place water and yeast into mixing bowl and heat 2 min 30 sec/37°C/speed 2. Meanwhile, grease a deep-sided loaf tin and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan forced
- After the first kneading cycle, use the spatula to mix through any seeds or flour etc that is sitting on top.
Repeat kneading step a second time, 2 min 30 sec/, again adding splashes of water to help the dough move inside the bowl.
Dough will be quite wet & sticky
Kneading step can be used more than once as there is no gluten to overwork.
- Transfer dough into prepared loaf tin. Dough will probably only need around 20 minutes to prove. If using Thermomix bread tin, leave lid off for proving, cover with a damp tea towel instead.
- If your bread is threatening to rise over the sides of the tin, place tin on a baking tray before putting tin in the oven. This will catch any spillage and save you a clean up later.
Cook time: 70 minutes at 200° fan-forced. Check with a skewer after 60 minutes.
- If using Thermomix bread tin, remove lid and turn bread onto cooling rack immediately.
Leave to cool completely. Loaf can be stored in a bread bag in the fridge for roughly a week, or sliced & frozen for up to 2 months.
Follow Guided Cooking for Five Seed Bread from Cookidoo
Proving & baking
Accessories you need
This recipe is a variation on the Five Seed Bread recipe on Cookidoo https://cookidoo.com.au/recipes/recipe/en-AU/r68697 which has been adapted to gluten free by my husband, Nick.
Well & Good Brand is our preferred Gluten Free Flour as it makes a fluffier loaf.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Filipino Pandesal
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Aleesha’s Keto Wraps
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Easy Multigrain Bread
- Simple German Soft Pretzels & Pretzel Dogs
- High Fat seed bread
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread