- 100g pitted dates
- zest of 1 lemon cut into pieces
- 100g --- Garbanzo Flour (ie Chick Pea Flour)
- 200g Milk (skinny or full cream)
- 50g cream
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 150g Coconut Flour
- 200g quinoa flour
- 100g almond meal
- Pinch salt
- 70g butter cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 10g stevia (or 50g sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons cloves
- 70g raisins
- 80g cornflour
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 100g or as required of water to make a paste that is smooth enough to pipe onto buns
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
1h 36minPreparation 1h 16minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add pitted dates, lemon zest, garbanzo flour to "Closed lid" and blitz for 10 secs on speed 9 or until done. Set aside.
Add milk, cream, dried yeast and sugar to "Closed lid" . Cook for 3 minutes at 37 degrees C at speed 1.
To "Closed lid" add the coconut flour, quinoa flour, almond meal, salt, butter, eggs, stevia (or sugar), nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and mix for 10 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down sides with spatula and then "Dough mode" for 5 minutes. The dough is very thick and you will need to assist the kneading by using the spatula to stir a few times.
Add raisins and mix for 10 seconds on "No counter-clockwise operation" at speed 5 and use the spatula to assist with mixing if required.
Transfer to a bowl and place a towel over the top and set aside in a warm place for about 1 hour to prove. This dough is very heavy, it will not rise a lot, the yeast is used to give a yeasty flavour.
Knock dough down (it won't have risen a lot) and divide mixture into 12 equal sized pieces. Form into rolls and place into a large 12 pan muffin tin. Press them down. Top wth Piping mixture and cook straight away. No proving time required. Bake in 200 degrees C oven for 15-20 minutes.
Into a separate bowl (not thermie bowl) place cornflour, salt, olive oil and water (as required to make into a paste to pipe) into a bowl and mix. Pour into a piping bag and top buns with crosses.
Place water, sugar in a separate microwave bowl (not thermie bowl) and cook in microwave for 2 minutes.
Use the syrup to brush buns as soon as they are out of the oven. Allow buns to cool for about 5 minutes before serving with butter and honey.
Accessories you need
This batter is very thick and will require you to give it a few stirs with spatula to assist with mixing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Aleesha’s Keto Wraps
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Easy Multigrain Bread
- Simple German Soft Pretzels & Pretzel Dogs
- High Fat seed bread
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Cinnabun bread
- Spagetti Marinara With Konjac Noodles
- Breakfast of Eggs, Spinach, Beans, Cooked in Thermie Jug (plus tomato & zucchini)
- Banana Relish With Chia
- No Stick Scrambled Eggs Cooked in Thermo Jug
- Steamed Porterhouse Steak & Vegetables & Soup
- Quinoa Pasta With Bolognaise Sauce
- Chicken Fricassee
- Red Grape Smoothie
- Chicken Quinoa Rissoles With Orecchiette Pasta Soup
- Cream Cheese Dip with Chicken, Avocado, Shallot & Cumquat
- Cumquat Quinoa
- Thai Aromatic Herb Chicken Served With Cumquat Quinoa
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Thermomix Play Dough