- 125 g Buttermilk or Milk
- 15 g butter (I used salted)
- 1 egg
- 250 g bakers flour
- 1.5 tsp Yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1/2 Cup raspberry jam
- Sugar - For rolling
1h 5minPreparation 1h 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
1. Place milk & butter in bowl, and mix on 37 degrees, speed 1 for 2 minutes.
2. Add in egg to milk mixture and mix speed 4, 5 seconds.
3. In this order - Add in Yeast, then flour, then the caster sugar & the salt last. Mix on speed 6 for 6 seconds to combine, then knead for 3 minutes
4. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover and place in a warm place to prove for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
5. Once the dough is proved, knock down onto a floured surface and cut dough in half until you have 2 balls.
6. Roll each ball into a 25cm long log, then cut each log into pieces and roll each piece into a ball and place on piece of baking paper and let prove for a further 15 minutes.
7. While the dough balls are proving, warm up your deep fryer, or oil in a frypan/saucepan (I used solidified oil which is an animal fat that you find in the butter section at the supermarket), to 175 degrees.
8. Drop in 3-4 balls at a time and cook for 5 mins or until nice and brown/golden. Mine turned over on their own in the oil, but you may need to turn them manually
9. When cooked, take out and roll in sugar, then using a piping bag with the long nozzle (Or an old sauce bottle cleaned out and filled with jam), fill the donuts with jam
These taste Just like the donuts you get from the markets and fast food vans etc. Enjoy!
You can use any flavor jam you like, but raspberry is generally what they use for traditional hot jam donuts
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- German spelt bread
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Milk loaf
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Black Buger Buns
- Gf cheese and onion mini breads
- brioche rolls masterchef
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Low FODMAP Easy Everyday White Bread
- Wholemeal rolls
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Lime self saucing pudding
- Lemon [or] Orange Cake
- Custard Cake
- Vanilla Slice Italian
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Keto Carbonara
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- German spelt bread
- Stock Powder
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay