- 150 g Whole wheat grain
- 450 g water, from the hot tap
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast, (a 15ml tablespoon)
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 620 g plain flour
- 30 g oil, preferable olive oil or grapeseed
Mill the whole wheat for 1 min on speed 9
Add the hot water first, then the yeast, then the salt and flour and oil and mix for 8 seconds on speed 7
Set the dial to and knead the dough for 6 minutes on
Wrap the dough in the Thermie baking mat and let it sit somewhere warm-ish for around 30 minutes. It should roughly double in size. While it's rising ...
Get the big (2 litre) bread loaf tin and oil its insides, especially its bottom.
Once the dough has risen, dump it in the tin and slash the top with a knife so that it doesn't split at the top. (See the picture for an example.)
Put in a cold oven. Set the oven for 35 minutes at 200°C, in "Traditional Bake" mode (ie not fan-forced). When it's properly baked, it should sound hollow when you tap it.
Once it's baked, take the tin out of the oven and sit the tin on a cake rack for 10 minutes, with the bread still in the tin.
After ten minutes, take the bread out of the tin. Don't wrap it in plastic just yet - either let it sit naked on the cake rack for an hour first, or leave it wrapped in a tea towel on the cake rack overnight.
Accessories you need
For pure decadence, try a light spread of butter and a medium-to-generous spread of honey over a slice of fresh bread that's still warm from the oven.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- brioche rolls masterchef
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Low FODMAP Easy Everyday White Bread
- Wholemeal rolls
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Breakfast bread
- Simply Delicious Sourdough Bread
- Gluten Free Bread- Go to recipe
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- Wholemeal and Grain Bread
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- White Chocolate & Coconut Custard
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Ultimate Keto Chocolate Brownies
- Brazilian Cheesy buns (Pão de Queijo)
- Stir fried broccoli
- brioche rolls masterchef
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Oli's Chia Pudding