- 25 g Fresh Yeast or 1 Sacher of Dried
- 345 g water, (Luke Warm - approx 37*C)
- 450 g bakers flour
- 150 g wheat grain
- 10 g sea salt
- 15 g raw sugar
- 15 g Maragine, (or Soften Butter)
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 100 g mixed dried fruit, (Sultanas, Cherries, Cranberries)
- Egg or Butter, (to Glaze)
- 1. Line a baking tray with baking paper or grease a loaf tin and set aside.
- 2. Mill Sugar 10sec/speed 10. Set aside
- 3. Mill Wheat Grain 1-2mins/speed 9. Set aside
- 4. Rinse Thermomix Bowl with water, give a quick wipe down to make sure there are no traces of Milled Sugar or Wheat Grain.
- 5. Pour Luke Warm Water and Yeast into the Thermomix Bowl. 1min/37*C/speed 1.
- 6. Add Sugar, Flour, Salt, Margarine and Milk to Thermomix Bowl. 6sec/speed 6.
- Then knead 2-2½min/"Closed lid" /"Dough mode" .
- Optional : add mixed dried fruits and knead 20-30sec/"Closed lid" /"Dough mode" .
- 7. Once dough is white in colour and elasticated, tip out onto ThermoMat, give a quick knead by hand, to shape into ball, fold sides of ThermoMat over dough ball, and set aside to rest in warm place for about 1hr.
- 8. Work dough by hand to release as much air as possible. Place into prepared baking tray or loaf tin, paste with egg, butter or splash a dash of water over the top.
- 9. Place in cold oven, and heat to 180*C, then Cook for 25mins or until Golden Brown on the outside.
- 10. Allow to completely cool on tray or in loaf tin, before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Maltese Bread for Pudina tal-Hobz
Accessories you need
Maltese Bread can be served on its own with butter, or spread (if fruitless).
It is also used a the main ingredient to make Maltese Bread Pudding (Pudina tal-Hobz)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Pecan Pie
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free