- 120 g raisins, (or sultanas, etc)
- 250 g Boiling water
- 80 g millet grains
- 80 g Sorghum, (a.k.a. Jowar)
- 110 g glutinous rice flour
- 110 g spelt flour, wholemeal, (contains gluten)
- 40 g chickpea (besan) flour
- 70 g tapioca starch
- 70 g cornflour, gluten free
- 2 level teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 pinches salt
- 2 level teaspoons mixed spice, (or cinnamon)
- 0.5 level teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- some water, warm
- 40 g honey, liquid
- 85 g brown sugar
- 1 sachets dried instant yeast
- 30 g oil, (flavourless, e.g. rice bran)
- 1 level teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
2h 0minPreparation 1h 15minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Weigh raisins into a 500ml measuring jug and add boiling water. Set aside until warm.
- Add millet and sorghum (and half a cinnamon quill if using quills) to TM5 bowl. Replace lid with measuring cup. Mill 1 min / speed 9.
- Add flours, starches, xanthan gum, salt, spice (if not using quills), and bicarb soda. Replace lid with measuring cup. Mix 10 sec / speed 4. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Weigh raisin-soaking water into TM5 bowl. Reserve raisins for later step. Add some extra water to bowl until total liquid weighs 400g.
- Add honey, brown sugar and yeast to the bowl. Replace lid with measuring cup. Mix 2 min / 37°C / speed 1.
- Add oil, vinegar, eggs and then reserved flour mixture. Replace lid with measuring cup. Mix 20 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides with spatula. Replace lid with measuring cup. Mix 10 sec / speed 5.
- Add raisins. Replace lid with measuring cup. Knead 1 min / .
- Mix with spatula to fully incorporate raisins if necessary.
- Transfer dough to high-sided greased or lined bread tin. Gently cover with greased cling wrap, Thermomat or damp tea towel.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place bread tin in a warm position. Prove dough until it reaches the height of the tin (about 45 mins, depending on climate).
- Bake at 180°C for 30 mins. Cover with foil to prevent further browning. Bake a further 10-15 mins until skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in tin for 5 mins. Transfer warm bread very gently to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Proving and Baking
For gluten free variation, exchange spelt flour for rice flour or gluten free oat flour.
Note both yeast and bicarb are used in this recipe. Yeast gives flavour and low temp rising. Bicarb helps with additional rising in the oven.
Useful items: 500ml jug, large bowl, Thermomat, commercial bread tin, skewer, foil for covering crust, cooling rack.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Parsley, Rocket & Pistachio Pesto
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Jaffa Truffles
- Luxurious Oatmeal Milk Bath
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Green Smoothie Muffins