- 5 grams dried yeast
- 10 grams castor sugar
- 5 grams salt
- 250 grams plain flour
- 50 grams fine semolina
- 10 grams Evoo
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in 65g of warm water and set aside covered for 15 minutes (mix does expand a little so use a medium sized bowl).
- Dissolve 5g of salt in 125g of cold water.
- Place semolina, flour into TM bowl. Add yeast mix, salted water and additional flavours etc. Knead for 2 ½ minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic – you may need to add more flour to achieve the smooth/elastic consistency.
- Remove from TM bowl shape into ball and place in bowl covered with damp tea towel and set in warm place to rise. Dough should double in size approximately 40 minutes.
- Once risen punch down dough and place into TM bowl and knead for 1 minute.
- Divide into small egg sized balls and place onto Thermomat, leave to rest under damp tea towel for 5 minutes.
- Once rested using rolling pin roll out into small discs to 5ml thick or as desired. Prick the dough with fork. Lay on and between baking paper until ready to cook.
- Heat frying pan or BBQ .. add a dash of olive oil and cook dough on a high heat for a couple of minutes or until dough bubbles slightly and is cooked to your taste eg. Lightly browned.
- Once cooked place on tea towel and cover with tea towel to allow to cool slightly.
Accessories you need
- Herb & Garlic Pita – handful of herbs of your choice plus 1 clove of garlic, pre chopped and added to the flour & semolina
- Garlic & Chilli Pita – ½ chilli deseeded (personal choice) plus 1 clove of garlic pre chopped added to flour & semolina
Storage – in plastic bag in fridge. Or Freeze and reheat as needed.
Tips – Makes 15-20 small pita breads, 8-10 large pita bread. Dough mix can be doubled
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Ouma’s soetkoekies (sweet biscuits)
- Best Ever Aussie pumpkin pie